Like a few other guildies, I've been playing the 1 Button Ele as one of my mage builds -- easy to play and very good DPS. Unfortunately it doesn't take advantage of the powerful new legendary skills that require 61 points spent in Elementalist. Switching to 61 Ele gave me a huge jump in DPS with the tradeoff that I have need to use a couple more macros... not so 1-button any more.
My SFP 61 Ele is based off this awesome guide: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/rift-guides-strategies/class-guides/mage-guides/484036-mcchaffees-kales-e-z-mode-elementalist-guide.html
Be sure to give this guide a careful read -- it does a great job of explaining the approach of the build. Although this guide doesn't mention soloing, it's fine to use the earth pet when solo'ing harder stuff (use the Air Pet macro and buff).
Macros -- use the macros from the guide linked above.
What changes for Starfall Prophecies: build and legendary skills
Build and Buffs
If you don't have Arbiter, use another 0 point soul instead.
- Pyro's Legendary Flame Bolt can provide a nice DPS burst if added to the spam macro before Ethereal Blast.
- Frostkeeper's Legendary Rime provides a steady, automatic self heal.
- Harbinger's Lightning Charge is a 1h buff for a small steady DPS increase.
That said, Arbiter's Legendary Galvanic Strike is a 20-25% dps increase over any other off-soul - something to consider if you feel you need better DPS.
Buffs: Prismatic Armor + pet buff + off-soul buff
- Pet buff for air or earth pet: Synergize
- Pet buff for fire pet: Conduit of Power
- Off-soul buff: Aqueous Blessing (arbiter) or Lightning Charge (harbinger)
1. Galvanic Strike (arbiter). This thing is amazing! It gives you a buff that boosts your damage for 30s. The amount of the boost is equal to 1/4 of your Charge when you use the skill. So use it to start the fight at full charge and you'll get a 25% boost to damage for 30 seconds!
2. Elemental Burst. This lets your 61 point skill hit up to four times each time you cast it. It's amazing burst.
3 & 4. Rushing Elements + Prismatic Volley. Together these buff your other 61 point skill, Prismatic Volley, to also give you a 20s buff that increases your elemental damage by 40%. Making those big numbers even bigger! :)
5. Your choice. I've tested Legendary Elemental Forces and it's a solid choice for #5. It provides a moderate boost in DPS, but it's not a game changer like the 4 listed above. Stormcaller's Legendary Ride the Wind makes the next spell insta-cast. Legendary Raging Storm lets you cast it while moving.
AVOID Legendary Crystalline Missiles! It adds an 8s cooldown, which really messes up this build.
Rotation / Priority
1. Galvanic Strike. Open with this at 100% charge, from up to 30m. Refresh the buff before it expires (or earlier when your charge is high).
2. Ignite. Maintain on target
3. Prismatic Volley macro for bosses, or for a fast kill on an easier mob. One minute cooldown, so use wisely!
4. Spam macro when Prismatic Volley is on cooldown, or for easier mobs