WvW is lots of fun.
I am wondering how well I am doing as a Warrior in WvW and if I am helping our team as much as I can. I have tried 6 builds (damage and balanced) and have spent lots of in-game and real money outfitting them all. I have read about warrior builds and tactics for many hours.
My current build is the best I have found for my personal skill level and playstyle but is very tedious to play. With it I get the highest average kills-to-death ratio I have experienced so far (11.4 kills per death). The build is:
I use sword/warhorn with Mobile Strikes for mobility and switch main weapon combos situationally.
axe/axe (in massive mobile battles)
rifle (when needed)
Axe/axe and greatsword (for battles where mobility doesn't help, like in the Lord's room :-)
I swap traits on-th-fly to suite weapon swaps, which is tiresome but necessary with this build.
I also swap skills situationally.
My armor is 3 pieces of power-toughness-vitality + 3 pieces of Knight's, all exotics with Soldier runes
Trinkets are berseker necklace, all others are Knight's, all exotics
Weapons are all exotics (berserker mains and Knight's sword & warhorn)
my most successful playstyle is highly moblile, I run past the enemy tanks and target rangers & squishies.
Problems which I cannot seem to overcome are:
(1) I seldom win 1-on-1 fights with anyone.
(2) If I get targeted and spiked, I die.
(3) once I get CC'd, I die. I have tried to resolve this many ways, but no solution yet.
(4) anytime I try to challenge a front-line melee, I die.
(5) food healing helped alot, the nerf to food healing gets me killed much more often.
(6) though I need to stay mobile & twitchy, my keyboard-mouse skills are not great, so I get frustrated.
Questions I have are:
(1) Am I doing OK and don't realize it?
(2) Should I start over with another class which has:
- better survivablilty
- requires less running around
- would be more beneficial to our team
(3) Should I revamp my Warrior for less damage and more tanky? Warning - lots of complaints in warrior forums about low survivability even with tanky builds.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
» Edited on: 2013-04-24 05:48:22
» Edited on: 2013-04-24 08:33:19